151. Ten Tips for Improving Your Concentration with the MIR-Method.
You stare at your computer screen but don’t know any more what you wanted to look up. you walk to another room to get something and can’t remember what it was. You want to read a few pages but notice that your thoughts wander or become cloudy and an hour later you’re still on the same page. Sound familiar? These are just a few examples of diminished concentration. Sometimes called an “elderly moment” but I think something can be done about this. In my opinion, it has little to do with old age.
1. You stopped eating wheat. This can be the number 1 reason that you can concentrate better. I don’t know exactly how it works but there appears to be a direct link between eating wheat and concentration problems. It’s like throwing sand in a motor. It’s worth finding out more about it! Read also article 99, ‘Two Reasons and 3 Tips for When You Start to Dislike Bread’.
2. You eat and drink less sugar. If you do the MIR-Method, your taste for sweets can diminish. With step 7: ‘Fulfill basic needs’, you fulfill the need for ‘Comfort’. You slowly survive better with fewer sweets. You become stronger within, more balanced and don’t need to comfort yourself with sugars. People who eat less sugar can concentrate better. This is demonstrated in the film, “THAT Sugar Film The journalist ate more sugar for 60 days and after a few weeks his head became increasingly foggier.
3. You fall asleep more quickly. And sleeping better improves concentration! To fall asleep more quickly, your body has to produce melatonin, a sleep hormone. This happens via step 5: ‘Supplement all shortages’ and step 6: ‘Balance hormone system’. And perhaps you’ve let go of old emotions that caused you to not want to sleep. Read about this in article 5, Problems Sleeping: Trouble Falling Asleep and Inability to Sleep’.
4. You remain asleep better. Sleeping better equals improved concentration! Through the MIR-Method you work with step 4: ‘Clear meridians’ on the cleansing of your meridians (energy paths). This enables you to sleep better. Read about this in article 6, ‘Trouble Staying Asleep, Lying Awake and the Secret of the Meridians’. And maybe you’ve also started drinking less alcohol. Super! That will certainly improve your sleep because your body is not trying to dispose of the alcohol during the night. Watch the video, ‘Overcoming Your Addiction with the MIR-Method’ if you want to help yourself with letting go of alcohol or other addictions.
5. You get up when you wake up. Because you enjoy your life more, through step 9: ‘Clarify mission’, you get up more quickly. You don’t lay around in your bed any more, which makes your brain very happy. If you remain in bed too long, dozing, your brain becomes foggy and it can remain like that for the rest of the day. Get up on time, when you wake up, prevent the fog and you’ll have a clear head.
6. You eat more fat! More fat?! Yes, it may surprise you, but many people eat too few good fats. They eat diet and low-fat products. By doing this they miss important fats that the brain needs, such as from fatty fish and avocado. The brain needs glucose for thinking, but also fats. People’s ability to concentrate when they ban fat from their diets can suffer. If you’ve been enjoying fats again while doing the MIR-Method, you’ve been listening to your brain’s nutritional needs and your concentration will have improved. Step 5: ‘Supplement all shortages’ is especially important here.
7. You relax more.You listen better to your body and are sure, after doing intensive brainwork, to go outside and be physically active (in the garden, going grocery shopping, cleaning, walking). You leave your brain alone for a bit so it can relax. And afterwards you can continue working, with much improved concentration. Article 67, “Do You Relax More often?”.
8. You can cope better with problems. By doing the MIR-Method you’ve become more flexible about dealing with problems. You can put things into perspective better and especially, can let go. You are more capable of letting go of the thinking processes that continue to grind like a mill, when you lie awake for example. You can focus your thoughts better on nice things. This helps you fall asleep more easily (see above), but you also have fewer problems during the day with all your concerns and you can concentrate and focus better on what you are doing. Article 141, ‘Disagree With Your Thoughts!‘.
9. You’re less stressed. There’s a good chance that by doing the MIR-Method you’ve made some decisions. Decisions that have brought serenity to you. You’ve let go of people who cost you a lot of energy. Or, you’ve changed jobs. They are all ways to remove the stress from your life. Relax instead! And less stress improves better concentration!
Article 43, ‘Stressless Choosing‘
Article 52, ‘Letting Go, The Art of Living’
Article 76, ‘Five Questions for Taking Decisive Action‘.
10. You’re getting more exercise. Unnoticeably, you’ve got more energy and have started taking the stairs more often and feel the need to walk. You stand more instead of sitting all day. You ride your bike more often instead of driving the car. Maybe you’re dancing more often? All these small changes cause you to do your brain a big favor! By exercising, you encourage the cooperation between the left and right sides of your brain and that improves your concentration considerably! Read about it in article 21, ‘The 2 Secrets of Moving your Body‘
And how about you? Have you noticed that your concentration has improved since doing the MIR-Method? I’d love to hear about it from you! Please write about it below. Thank you!
By using the “End” key on your keyboard you can go straight to the form. You should always ask a MIR-Method coach about personal questions!
My wish for you is that you go through life with a wonderfully clear head!
Greetings, Mireille Mettes
P.S. You would do me a big favor to spread the MIR-Method to others by posting this article to your Facebook page or forwarding it via e-mail, Twitter or Linked-In! Use the icons on the left-hand side! Thank you!
P.S. Are you not yet familiar with the MIR-Method? Please go to the homepage: www.mirmethod.com. You can watch the video there and also the instruction video. Register on the homepage to receive the newsletter and 6 weeks of coaching e-mails for extra support!
This is about 2 weeks into the MIR method after doing 5 and 7 for two weeks and one thing i noticed was my hand/palm charkras are so very hot (and more powerful)now when i call in the energy…i was wondering why?… then it clicked, the MIR method!
I have realised most of the tips in my life, some things I already did before I started the MIR method. Only I have not stopped eating wheat, I eat more vegetables and soups and changed to spelt and sourdough bread.
And… did your concentration improve? Hope to hear from you!